Sunday, June 18, 2006

A Good Day at Work

Saturday brought a pleasent suprise. My boss, who takes a fair bit of justified stick on this site, has got a promotion. The upshot of it all, is that he's finally out of my hair....YIPEEEEE!!!!






Everyone in the store has been waiting for this day for about 18 months. Infact, I was so worried that it wouldn't happen, that I almost wrote off to see if Jimmy Saville 'll fix it for me.
Now some people might think that it's just me with a personnal problem with him, but it's not, really. Arguments and disagreements happen in any office, but few disagreements are universally centred towards one individual. The other staff, the senior sales rep, Eric the nutter, the supervisor and even the assistant managers all see him as (in their words) "an absolute tit". Not one person in the office will stick up for him.

Anyhoo, Saturday was his last. He officially leaves on Thursday, but unless I bump into him as I start my Wednesday night shift, that's the last I've seen of him. From Monday, we start afresh with a new gaffer.

Now, I'm fully aware that this 'could' be a case of "out of the frying pan, into the fire", but that's a risk I'll happily take.
Lets face it, whats the chance of this new bloke being a deceitful, lying, disrespectful, arrogant, contumely prick - and then some?
This new bloke also happens to come from the same place as where my old boss came from, and he was pretty good. Now, i'm not really a believer in omens but if I were, that would be a good one will it not.

Anyway, I'm happy, about 25 other people are happy and we're holding his 'leaving do' next week (not that he'll know about it!)

No comments: