Thursday, September 14, 2006

Friends Reunited

One of the things about living in the same area that you went to school in is that it's quite often you come across old school mates.








Well, I say "mates" but to be perfectly honest, anyone I actually would consider a mate I still keep in contact with anyway through various means. The rest I couldn't really care less about. Still, you say Hi to them when you bump into them. I see a few of my ex Rugby team-mates from time-to-time as well, one of which is now plying his trade in Super League for the Wakefield Trinity Wildcats first team and will even represent England later this year whilst another plays for Dewsbury.

Having gone to school in Pudsey whilst living in Bramley, I still see many people, most of which I still go to College with whilst like I say, anyone else I actually wanted to stay in contact with, I did through the magic of telephones, email and the pub.

But today was interesting. As I walked back along Bramley Town Street towards the junction with Broad Lane, I happened to catch a familiar face grining at me from the back of a car. Nothing exciting about that you might think and you'd be right, ordinarily, it wouldn't be very interesting. Except this car happened to have a uniformed man sat in the front seat, blue lights on the roof and the word "Police" on the side. Obviously, it would be unethical, unfair and illegal to name said individual or speculate why they may have been sat in the back of a police car with their hands behind their back, but if you predicted that scene to me a few years ago, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

It's always good catching up with old aquaintences, but who needs Friends Reunited - just visit your local constabulary's office.

No comments: