Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Do Virgin know something that I don't?

Sir Richard Branson, owner of the Virgin group, is no stranger to interesting marketing campaigns - it's how he's built his entire fortune.




His mobile phone company - just a name. His coke - the same. His cable television network - just ntl:telewest in drag. OK, so he might own a few record shops, gyms and Boeing 747's, but essentially he has built the Virgin name into something that people instantly recognise.

But today he's got me a bit puzzled, with this thing dropping on my door mat this morning:


Apparently, my street is getting sexier. I have to disagree with him.

Given that most of the residents around here are of middle-age upwards and given that the nice bird down the road has just moved out, I just understand Mr Branson's logic.

Or perhaps there's more to Virgin's 'on demand' service than I first thought? ;)

No comments: