Monday, June 04, 2007

The "do-nots" of DJing

I've already told you about how I found myself in one crap pub last week, well yesterday I found myself in another equally forgettable establishment - this bad pub theme could become a regular feature.


The venue in question happened to be 'The New Inn' in Farsley, commonly referred to as the 'mad-house' by those who accompanied us.

After hearing the place from well over 300 yards away, the scene inside was one of complete amazement and, frankly, horror.
Aside from the shirtless skin-head and the cluster of chain smoking middle-aged women chatting away about Big Brother or whatever crap TV show they watch these days, the more disturbing sight was the sheer number of 61+-year old women who still thought that they could dance like a 21-year old.

But what was even more wrong was the DJ, who committed one of the most appalling acts of Disc Jockey amateurism ever displayed.
Under no circumstances should any DJ play 'Friday I'm in Love" when it isn't Friday. Ever.

No comments: