Friday, November 24, 2006

The Forbidden Towels

Sometimes, I just don't understand women. Sometimes, I don't think we're supposed to, esspecially when it involves parents.









In our bathroom, we have a towel rail with three towels permanantly resting upon it. We've also got various others on radiators around the house.
So when I've finished in the bath / shower, I grab the nearest towels on this rail and do what I need to do.

Except I'm not allowed to do that. Apparently, these towels are for "display purposes" and they are not to be used under any circumstances whatsoever.
Instead, all users of these facilities are to walk to the front of the house and get towels from the bedroom, making wet footprints all across the house.
When it is pointed out that such an idea is stupid, we're all told that we don't know what we're talking about and that we should stop questioning my mother's methods.

So anyway, I'm still considering why we have a set of towels that we can't use, yet we still have them connected to a heated towel rail.

Answers on a postcard please.

No comments: