Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Happy Christmas from Orange

Santa has come early this year at casa del Michael, courtesy of a very thoughtful people at Orange.




Usually, the opening of the mobile phone bill is yet another reminder of how much of my earnings are already spoken for before my pay-packet even shows up. But today was different.

Instead of expecting a £30 direct debit to jump out of my account any time soon, I'm now the happy recipient of a £267 credit!

At first confusion sets in so I read and re-read the said bill but I still come to the same conclusion - I'm £267 up for absolutely no apparent reason. A credit is stated next to a "Replacement Phone", a handset that was replaced under warranty but how that equates to a £300 credit (which becomes £267 after my other charges) I don't know and the call center operator at Orange didn't seem to know either.

After checking with Orange, they confirm I am in credit and that my next bills will cost me nothing until the credit runs out.

Happy Christmas Orange!

UPDATE:

Bastards. I should never have called them back! I did though, because the last thing that I want is a letter 3 months later asking for their £200 back.
Turns out that it was an administrative error caused by "confusion" over my replacement handset.

Still, I can take soluce and have a nice glow inside me that my honesty has saved £267 for a big, multinational telecommunications provider to whom, without my honesty, £267 might have had an adverse impact on their parent company's €49bn annual turnover.




Fuckers

No comments: