Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I may have to slit my wrists this Summer.

That's right. This summer could well be my last. I may well just lose the will to live altogether although, to be honest, I don't know how I've made it through Summer for the past seven years.


Yes, those delightful people at Channel Four have decided to inflict yet another dose of 'Big Brother' on the unsuspecting British public.
This year though, we're told it'll be different with Big Brother being "more twisted than ever." OK, ignoring the fact that Endemol's marketing guru's have being using the very same phrase for the past six years, how could Big Brother be more twisted?
Well for starters, there's only one bedroom and one bathroom, both of which are surrounded by glass walls. Let's face it, we all know what they've been trying to get the housemates to do, so it's good of them to be honest about it!
Next I see that the house will be 'inside-out' with grass in the kitchen and carpet in the garden. Sounds "wacky", or even "zaney".

But of course, there has to be the annual 'original' idea, something that's never been thought of before. Apparently, this year, they're putting a series of golden tickets in chocolate bars to decide the final contestant. Genius! Who'd've thought it! I bet the Endemol marketing team were burning the midnight oil thinking of that one (or rummaging through their kid's DVD collection).

Of course, I'm not the only person who can't stand the prospect of Big Brother, my younger brother also hates it.

So turn on the TV, unplug the phone, tell the neighbours not to pop round and prepare to see this years batch of dellinquants in their search for fame and fortune.

No comments: