Friday, May 19, 2006

We're Having a Party!


Woooohooooooo!

It's party time folks. My old man's 50th to be precise.





After he and the lads got back from a boozy weekend in Amsterdam, it's time for his kind of 'reunion' party. We did try and book a room at the local boozer, on the grounds that the place never shuts, but they're apparently "full-up that night" (probably remember what happened the last time we booked that room)

They'll be music a-playing, middle aged women a-dancing and plenty of grub. Which grub depends on the weather. If the rains stays away, I'll be firing up the Bar-B-que. If not then I suppose we're stick with finger food.

Oh, and they'll be beer, lots of beer.

So far my stocktake shows that we currently have the following:


48: 440ml cans of Teltleys Bitter
36: 440ml cans of Boddingtons
18: 440ml cans of Fosters
A total of 8880ml of Stella Artois
30: 300ml cans of Carling
6: 440ml cans of Calsberg and Calsberg Export
18: 440ml cans of Old English
4: 330ml bottle of Budwesier
20: 330ml bottles of Heineken
4: 330ml bottles of San Miguel
4: 440ml cans of Stones

I make that a total of 94.88 litres of beer, and that's not counting the following:
My mum's wine
My brothers Jack Daniels
Anything else I manage to find by tomorrow evening.

It's not all for me mind, oh no. We've so far got about 30 people on the guest list.

It's a strict door policy aswell, so don't try anything or Max & Paddy will have you!

Look out for some drunken ramblings on Sunday, after I've phoned in sick through probable alcohol poisoning.

1 comment:

Gary said...

Its my 50th in September.

I'll be celebrating with a nice cup of tea and a coronation street omnibus.