Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Are enviromentalists really that mental?

I'm not the world's biggest supporter of environmentalists. I'd rather we did save the whale and stop cutting down the Amazon, but I also like my car and enjoy outdoor lighting. It's fair to say I'm more from Jeremy Clarkson's school of eco-issues than Al Gore's.




There are some great minds that are thinking up great ideas for us to 'go green' and help us save whatever obscure Pacific creature is in the news that week. The hybrid car, LPG, ethanol batteries, wind-up radios and so on.

It's those people we should probably be listening to.

Unfortunately, most people listen to half-wit politicians and celebrities looking to jump on the latest bandwagon than passes by.

Sheryl Crowe seems to think that the key to saving the environment is to cut back on the bog roll.
Like all used pieces of Andrex, I think we all know where this idea should be consigned to.

1 comment:

Mother Jones RN said...

I'm with you on this one. There are things we can all do to help the environment without going off of the deep end. Sheryl Crowe's idea made me chuckle.

MJ