Monday, November 12, 2007

The biggest mistake of my life

I've made a dreadful mistake today, for I have left my iPod at the office.













On it's own, that wouldn't sound like much of a problem. Surely the worst that happens is that instead of listening to my music of choice on the train to work tomorrow morning, I'll just have to listen to the excuses of Northern Rail as to why my train is delayed again, but nobody has been hurt, nobody has died, it's just an insignificant error that nobody will care about.

Oh no, for the contents of said iPod are cause for concern.

I can sleep safe in the knowledge that my bright red iPod (like the one in the picture) would have been like the forbidden fruit to my work colleagues as it sat there on top of my paper stacker and those who had stopped after 5:30 will have definitely been thumbing through the, shall we say, "eclectic" library. You know the big red button that they always tell you not to push yet proves too irresistible? Well this was the big red iPod equivalent.

I don't have a "bad" taste in music, quite a good one in fact but I do have an uncanny knack of going to crappy, cheesy nightclubs, coming home with hangover already brewing and kebab / curry in hand and heading straight to iTunes to download whatever tracks are still ringing in my ears. My local pub also has 'golden oldies' on Sunday, so it's a bit of a double whammy really.

I won't go through what's on it (I'm pretty sure my colleagues have already uploaded my library to as many social bookmarking sites as possible) but me thinks that I'll have some serious explaining to do tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Gary said...

The complete back catalogue of Black Lace has yet to come back and haunt me, I shall deny its ownership in an instant and if pressed to ask why it should be on my iPod will explain that a big boy did it and ran away.

Silverback said...

Hey I stand by my collection........Steps, Westlife, Matt Munroe, The Shadows, but then I AM old.

Thanks for the comment Gary. I'm off to troll for Black Lace now (sadly not on the Victoria's Secret label).

Ian