Thursday, July 13, 2006

We're all Going on a Summer Holiday

Not long to go now, just a week and four days to be precise, until the family getaway to sunny Mallorca and I can't wait!










It's a family trip, which means no drunken antics and I've got to behave to a degree, but at least my wallet won't take quite the hit that it does on a lads weekend away.

We'll be staying in Santa Ponsa, which is on the East Coast of Mallorca. We've stayed in nearby Cala Bona before and also Alcudia and the reviews we've read on Holiday's Uncovered have been very impressive.
We've already got some of our 'excursions' planned as well. Every year we go to the 'Son Amar' which is a huge show with dancers, singers, acrobats, magicians and lots of food (and complimentary wine). We've been twice already and it's a brilliant night out. Much better that a West End show and you'll come away with more change to boot.
On the Sunday, it's the Challenge Cup Semi-Final between Leeds and Huddersfield, so the search for a bar showing the game has already begun! Thankfully, we didn't draw Saints, otherwise I'd be toying with the idea of getting a flight back for the semi-Final, then flying back afterward, but it's only Huddersfield so the magic of Sky TV will suffice.

Now's the time I need to start getting stuff ready. I've done most of the shopping needed, and the packing can wait a little, but I'll need to head out for the Euro's shortly.

This is the worst bit though, counting down. That last day at work before I fly out will drag like hell!

No comments: