Friday, July 14, 2006

What is Paris Hilton?

Over the past week or so, BBC Radio One have been constantly playing the track to signal the pop music debut of Paris Hilton - The Stars are Blind.











Whilst every fibre in my body says I should absolutely hate this song, it's one of those irritating tracks that keeps cropping up and when it does, it's in your head for the whole day.

But what is Paris Hilton? What does she actually do?
Well, she's had a dabble in just about anything you can imagine when it comes to the entertainment industry.
When she's not starring in flop movies, filming herself and her boyfriend - and selling the resulting tape or playing a part dodgy American sitcoms, she's probably flogging mobile phones, magazines or peddling her own brands of jewellery and perfume or getting people into her nightclubs.

Aside from that, she's usually busy being involved in numerous PR gaffes through simple 'forgetfullness', like lecturing the youth of America the importance of voting, yet forgetting to register, let alone turn up at the polling booth. Oh, and forgetting to organise a charity event for seriously ill children.

She's also, it's fair to say, a bit of a sex symbol. Lets face it, most blokes would like to spend a night inside Paris Hilton (eh, see what I did there ;) and she knows it, which possibly explains the pop single.
I wonder what Hilton's career advisor said to her at school? Was she that stuck for something to do that she just thought "Oh sod it, I'll do everything!" Fair play to her, it's made money, but if I had a very generous business bank manager (ie, a rich dad), then I dare say I could have made a few million.

Anyway, as I said, the song is pap. It's rubbish and I only hope that Radio One stop playing it.

No comments: