Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Mallorcan Diary: Pt I.

I'm back! After two 11 nights sunning it up on the island of Mallorca I've returned back to blightly with a rather nice tan.




I must admit that even though I had a great time, the trip didn't quite kick off to the best start, after the flight from hell out of the shiny new Doncaster Sheffield Robin Hood Airport. Having boarded the plane I soon discovered that I was to spend the next two hours sat behind a complete brat and his "couldn't care less- I'm on my holiday" parents.
If you ignore the the fact that he was intent on kicking my seat, bouncing around the aircraft and screaming at the top of his voice, it wasn't so bad. However, the way his parents were constantly buying sweets from the snack trolley irritated me somewhat. I'm no expert on parenting but even my limited knowledge knows that if you have a hyperactive little shit at 35,000ft, shovelling him with various e-numbers isn't the wisest decision.

We landed and that was the last I saw of him. All we had to do now was negotiate the labrinth of corridors in Palma de Mallorca Airport and head to the baggage claim and coach stand.

In the early hours, we checked in to the Safari Park aparthotel in Sa Coma and I was finally on my holiday - time to put my feet up.

In tomorrow's diary - The welcome meeting and the 12 hamburgers........

No comments: