Tuesday, March 07, 2006

En Français!


The Engage Super League is up and running. My team Leeds have got off to a decent start, with 3 wins from 4 despite not looking their best, but it's early days yet.
Last Friday's game at home to Castleford was a strange game, as it didn't happen. Despite being a summer sport, the match had to be moved to Sunday because of a frozen pitch.
This weekend sees our eagerly awaited European leg of the Rhinos tour 2006, with a trip to Perpignan, France to take on the French new-boys Les Catalans Dragons.
Tomorrow afternoon we hit the A1 towards Stansted and it's chocks-away for the South of France!
It seems that I;ve got everything packed; clothes, passport, tickets, documents but I just know that I'll get to the airport and found I've left something behind.

Anyway, after we get back from a boozy weekend, it's back home for the visit of Salford. This will "hopefully" be my first home game of the season. It would have been Friday's game, but that got postponed at the last minute to Sunday, when I unfortunatly have to be working. Still, I managed to test out my fancy new electronic season ticket.
The weekend after, it's a trip down south to play Harlequins before the Powergen Challenge Cup kicks-off, one of the three competitions that Leeds came second in last year.

So, enjoy your Rugby, and watch out for some (probably drunk) ramblings as soon as I touch down back in blighty on Sunday.

No comments: