Sunday, March 26, 2006

It's supposed to be summer isn't it?

This weekend saw the official start of British Summer Time. Last night we had to sacrifice an hour in bed in return for lighter evenings and better weather.
So I feel short changed, because I haven't got the nicer weather, I haven't got the lighter evenings and I'm getting tired from sleep deprivation.
British Summer Time 2006 has started badly, almost as badly as Wigan started the Super League season.
On Friday, I managed a free blag to Odsal to see how badly Wigan actually were as they took on Bradford, well that was the plan anyway.

The truth was, I saw very little. That's not because I was drunk or not paying attention, but because of the thickest fog I can ever remember.
Imagine a Bond film, just before the villan makes a getaway and sets off a smoke bomb so that everyone is blinded whilst he sneaks out undetected, it wasn't far off that.



To make matters worse, Odsal has a speedway track around it, meaning that, at best, you are at least ten meters from the pitch and if you're an away fan, at least double that - and thats if you manage to get to the front.
One Wigan try wasn't noticed by their fans until the it was announced by the PA announcer and the other, a full length run, wasn't seen until the player with the ball emerged from the fog about 10m away from the try line.
Still, it made for a funny night with chants of "We can't see a f**king thing". One thing is for sure, nobody noticed the famed 'Wigan Walk'.

BST continued it's poor form on Saturday today by absolutly peeing it down in the afternoon. The feat was repeated today, just as I finished work.

I thought global warming was supposed to stop this kind of weather? If this form carries on, I might try and bag some more 5p flights to Perpignan.

No comments: