Saturday, March 18, 2006

Lets get physical


In the age of ‘keep fit’ and healthy living, I’ve decided to try and beat the bulge and get rid of the beer gut.
I spent a lot of time boozing whilst in
Perpignan watching Leeds Rhinos tonk Les Catalans and I doubt that it’s done much for my physique.

So, in my fight against the flab, I headed on down to my local gym at Pudsey.
I’ve been a member for a while, but hardly been and I can tell why.

My muscles are killing. In fact, I’ve probably gone through about four tubes of deep heat just so that I can type this blog entry.
Anyway, I had a decent workout on the treadmills, bikes, that sort of thing but it’s the weights that have probably knackered me out, even though I wasn’t lifting that much.

That said, I’m going to stick it out. I even considered becoming a fully paid up member for £20 a month on the basis that if I paid up front, in true Yorkshire fashion, I’d try and get my moneys worth.
I’ve not gone completely mad though. I’ve not raced out and bought those videos by Davina McCall or Mr Motivator that tell me how to do super aerobic, cardiovascular somersaults in my own front room. That would be going too far!

No comments: