Thursday, April 20, 2006

What a Day!


It's the Easter break from Uni, and I should probably be doing some work. But I'm not OK? I'm bored senseless trying to get Halifax Town up the leagues on Football Manager and mucking about on the net.
In fact, I've wasted a good few minutes mucking about on Wikipedia typing in various random randomness.
I've evengone and got inspiration from here and tried typing in my Birthday and I came up with some fairly interesting stuff, some of which I knew and most which I didn't.


So, on that day:

People who were born:

  • Mary Queen of Scots (1542)
  • Sammy Davis Junior - American Actor (1925)
  • Kim Basinger - American Actress (1953)
  • Sinead O'Connor - Irish Singer (1966)
  • Michael Essien - Ghanian Footballer who plays for Chelsea (1982)
  • Amir Khan - British boxer (1986)
People who died:
  • Liselotte von der Pfalz, Duchess of OrlĂ©ans and sister-in-law of King Louis XIV of France (1722)
  • George Boole - The man who annoyed thousands of GCSE and A-Level maths students by inventing algebra (1864)
  • King Oscar of Sweden (1907)
  • Sarit Dhanarajata, Prime Minister of Thailand (1963)
  • John Lennon - Singer & Songwriter from the Beetles (1980)
Things of mild interest that happened:
  • After Pearl Habour, the US, China and Netherlands declare War on Japan (1941)
  • Gas vans are first used a means of execution during the holocaust (1941)
  • The computer mouse is invented (1968)
  • The Eagles release the album 'Hotel California' (1976)
  • The leaders of Russia, Belarus and Ukraine sign an agreement dissolving the Soviet Union and establishing the Commonwealth of Independent States (1991)
Wow! That's one busy day and on another possitve note, I've probably wasted a good 15mins!

Look out for more bored ramblings during the next two weeks!

No comments: