Monday, April 03, 2006

Who's the Fool?


My gaffer at work takes a fair bit of stick in this blog, and this post is no exception.

As most of you may well know, April 1st is commonly known as 'April Fools Day' and is a day where all the local idiots come out and act like even bigger twats than normal, right until 12:00 midday.
You know the sort of tricks that are pulled on this day; clingfilm on the toilet seat, sending the work experience kid for a long stand, changing all the clocks in the office, fake coffee spills, that sort of thing. Even the media get in on the fun, with those not very hilarious fake stories designed to trick the stupid, ignorant and Sun reader into thinking that the world is about to collapse or that global supplies of paper clips are at an all time low.

So anyway, my boss. In his constant efforts to try and "get down with the homies" and "connect with the yoof", he tries his own April Fools joke. I can't remember exactly what it was, but it involved going home early. Needless to say, we were three steps ahead of him and his outragiously unfunny jape fell flat on it's arse.
But rather than just get on with it, I was now public enemy No1 for my part in foiling his devious plan to make himself look clever. He then needed reminding that trying to pull such a prank on that very day, completly destroys the little credibility he already has.

So anyway, that's me in the bad books for another few weeks (untill my sales figures come through and he starts being nice to me again), heres to another 364 days (well, 362 seeing as I was late writing this) of just normal idiocy, rather than the special kind we get on the first day of April.

No comments: