Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Would You Like a Bus with That?

I've always said that buses were rubbish. They're expensive, smelly and never there when you want one but they're always trundling along a 12mph when it's infront of me, not parking in the layby and holding the traffic and bullying it's way into the right lane. Buses are shit, end of.

So, you could imagine the suprise of a few bakery workers in Leeds City Centre this morning when, whilst minding their own business, a bus charges it's way through their front window.
Presumably, the Infirmary Street branch of Ainsley's doesn't have a drive-thru, so no doubt questions are being asked as to why one of those odd-looking bendy buses is currently parked on top of a cornish pasty and tray of rice crispie buns.
Luckly I'll point out, nobody was seriously hurt, although there are unconfirmed reports of a dismembered gingerbread men undergoing intensive care - i'll keep you posted on that one.

First Group, the people who allegedly run the bus "service" in Leeds, and incidently already have a position on my "Bastards List", say they are investigating the incident and I suggest they get Alistair Darling to help out. Whilst he's at it, he could also investigate if this would have happend if the vehicle in question would have raced towards the delicious vanilla slice had it been attached to two parrallel rails. You know the sort, a bit like tram rails, almost 'Super' tram rails if you will.........

On another incident today I drew the conclusion that train's are no better.
Instead of driving for the upcoming Rhinos game in Warrington, we decided to let the train take the strain (a decision that was not, I repeat not influenced by the fact that Warrington sell beer in 2 pint pots). So, a few days ago I headed to the National Rail website where, after entering my details, I was presented with a plethora of different prices, all of which were for what I thought was the exact same journey. Anyway, I somehow worked out a cost of £14.

After discussion with the lads (who were in no way looking forward to the prospect of a 2 pot pint), we opted to pre-book it. So, onto the interweb thing this morning to discover that the £14 option is now non-existant. Instead I was presented with an even more baffling array of prices raning from £16.10 to £42.30. "F**k this" we decided, and off to book on the club coach.

I still don't get it. Please can I just have a site that says "From 'HERE' to 'HERE' costs £'THIS MUCH'". I don't really care for a "Super-saver-first class-apex-cheapday-return-TPE" ticket. Just give me one price, that an idiot like me can understand.

Now I know why I was so eager to learn to drive!

No comments: